Last Updated: June, 2020
- When you browse or visit our website, https://www.chiefofstuff.com/ (“Website”);
- When you make use of, or interact with, our Website;
- When you request to be notified of our launch;
- When you request to contact us;
- When we process your job application;
- When you make use of, or interact with, our App mobile software application, and any other mobile software application, that we license (each individually, and collectively, “App”);
- When you create an account and when you log in to and use the App;
- When you reset your password;
- When you use our service via channels other than the App (e.g. email, Whatsapp, Facebook etc.);
- When you attend a marketing event, provide us with your business cards and/or provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes;
- When we acquire your personal data from third-party sources (such as lead-generation companies, Intercom, Google Analytics, UXCam);
- When we use the personal data of our customers (e.g. contact details)
- When we use the personal data of our service providers (e.g. contact details); and
- When you interact with us on our social media profiles (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
Table of contents:
- What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
- How we protect and retain your personal data
- How we share your personal data
- Your privacy rights. How to delete your account
- Use by children
- Interaction with third-party products
- Log files
- Analytic tools
- Specific provisions applicable under California privacy law
- How to contact us
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
|Specific personal data we collect||Why is the personal data collected and for what purposes?||Third parties with whom we share your personal data||Consequences of not providing the personal data|
|When you browse or visit our Website|
|Cookies, analytic tools and log files||To provide certain features.To monitor and analyze web traffic. To keep track of user behavior in order to personalize the service.||3rd party platforms for analytics and advertising.||Certain Website features may not be available.Cannot analyze traffic / user behavior. Cannot personalize our services.|
|When you make use of, or interact with our Website|
|When you request to be notified of our launch|
|Email address||To notify you about the launch of the Stuff App.To send you marketing communications.||3rd party platforms such as for hosting and storage.||Cannot notify you about the Stuff App. Cannot send you marketing communications.|
|When you request to contact us|
|Full nameEmail addressAny other information that you decide to provide/supply us||To process and answer questions.To provide support or solve issues/problems.To customize your experience.||3rd party platforms such as Customer success platforms.||Cannot process and answer questions.Cannot provide support or solve. issues/problems Cannot customize your experience.|
|Email address||To send marketing communications.||Cannot send you marketing communications.|
|When we process your job application|
|Full name Email addressCV Any other information that you decide to provide/supply||To process your job application.To assess the candidate.||3rd party platforms such as for hosting and storage.||Cannot process your job application.Cannot assess your suitability as a candidate.|
|When you make use of, or interact with, our App|
|Cookies||To provide certain features.To monitor and analyze web traffic. To keep track of user behavior in order to personalize the service.To send events and store them in the database.||3rd party platforms such as for hosting, storage and log analysis.||Certain Website features may not be available. Cannot analyze traffic / user behavior. Cannot personalize our services.|
|When you create an account, when you log in to and use the App|
|Full nameEmail address Username and password (option to login using Facebook or Google account)Usage DataCalendar permissionContacts permissionCamera permission Precise location permission (non-continuous) Microphone permissionReminders permissionPayment information (e.g. payment card details) Device DetailsGallery permissionDevice Details for every app launchNotification permissionsMessage object Conversation IDAny other personal data that you chose to provide when you message us (e.g. personal documents such as driving license or passport) so that we can complete tasks for you.|
Note: some of the above information is only collected and/or stored if you provide your permission.
|To create an account for you. To provide you with services available to registered users only.To access the calendar on the User’s device, including the reading, adding and removing of entries.To access contacts and profiles on the User’s device, including the changing of entries.Camera: to share photos such as items and documents to promote the completion of a request to your liking.To access the user’s precise device location (Please note: The geographic location of the User is determined in a manner that isn’t continuous. This means that it is impossible for this Application to derive the exact position. of the User on a continuous basis.Microscope: to allow users to send us both text and voice messages, etc.To provide location-based services.To process payments or pay third party services on your behalf.To deal with any specific requests that you ask us to complete. To reply to your message and complete tasks as required. To personalize the user experience and automate communication emails.||3rd party platforms such as for the following purposes:|
MongoDB for database storage.Firebase for analytics.Intercom for messaging.Stripe for payment services.Amazon for researching and/or making purchases on our behalf.Openable for making reservations for you. Gmail for email storage.
|Cannot create an account for you Cannot provide you with services available to registered users onlyCannot access the calendar on the User’s device, including the reading, adding and removing of entries.Cannot access the camera or capturing images and video from the device.Cannot access contacts and profiles on the User’s device, including the changing of entries.Cannot access and record microphone audio from the User’s device.Cannot access the user’s precise device location Cannot provide location-based services.Cannot process payments or pay third party services on your behalf.Cannot deal with specific requests. Cannot reply to your message and complete tasks as required. Cannot personalize the user experience and automate communication emails.|
|When you reset your password|
|User access token||To reset your password.||3rd party platforms such as Intercom.||Cannot reset your password|
|When you attend a marketing event, provide us with your business cards and/or provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes|
|Full nameEmail addressCompany PositionPhone numberAny other information that you decide to provide/supply us||To establish a business connectionTo send newsletters or other marketing communications||3rd party platforms such as Intercom for sending you marketing materials. ||Cannot establish a business connectionCannot send newsletters or other marketing communications|
|When we acquire your personal data from third-party sources (such as lead-generation companies, Intercom, Google Analytics, UXCam)|
|Full nameEmail addressAny other available info provided by the third party source, such as address, position, company||To establish a business connectionTo send newsletters or other marketing communications||3rd party platforms such as for the following purposes:Intercom, Google Analytics, UXCam||Cannot establish a business connectionCannot send newsletters or other marketing communications|
|When we use the personal data of our service providers and suppliers|
|Full nameEmail addressCompany namePhone numberAddressAny other information that you decide to provide/supply us||To contact our service providersTo perform the applicable agreement||Depending on the task we may share your data with 3rd party platforms such as for the following purposes:Book/update appointmentsContacting businesses on the user’s behalfTo purchase items and services on the user’s behalf||Cannot contact our service providersCannot perform the applicable agreement|
|When we use the personal data of our customers|
|Full nameEmail addressCompanyPositionPhone number||To provide our products and services, including to complete tasks for users To perform the applicable agreement (e.g. EULA)To communicate with our customers/clientsTo send marketing communications||3rd party platforms such as affiliates and service providers for the following purposes:To book/update appointments To help complete user requests To contact businesses on the user’s behalf To purchase items and services on the user’s behalf||Cannot complete tasks Cannot perform the agreementCannot communicate with youCannot send you marketing communications|
|When you interact with us on our social media profiles (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)|
|Full nameEmail addressAny other information that you decide to provide/supply us||To answer your questions||3rd party platforms such as for the following purposes:Google AnalyticsIntercom||Cannot answer your questions|
Finally, please note that some of the above mentioned personal data will be used for fraud detection and prevention, and for security purposes. The above mentioned personal data may also be used to comply with applicable laws, with investigations performed by the relevant authorities, law enforcement purposes, and/or to exercise or defend legal claims. In certain cases, we may or will anonymise your personal data. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our services. We may use Anonymous Information and/or disclose it to third parties without restrictions (for example, in order to improve our services and enhance your experience with them).
2. HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
- Security. We have implemented appropriate technical, organizational and security measures designed to protect your personal data. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that the information will not be compromised as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device or network you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
- Retention of your personal data. Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for unless you request that it is deleted earlier. In some circumstances we may store your personal data for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal data or dealings.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In addition to the recipients described above, we may share your personal data as follows:
We share your personal information as follows:
- With our hosting providers.
- With our service providers and business partners.
- With our staff and other entities within our group.
We may also share your personal information as follows:
- To the extent necessary, with regulators, courts or competent authorities, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules (including, without limitation, federal, state or local laws), and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order;
- If, in the future, we sell or transfer, or we consider selling or transferring, some or all of our business, shares or assets to a third party, we will disclose your personal data to such third party (whether actual or potential) in connection with the foregoing events;
- In the event that we are acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer, disclose or assign your personal data in connection with the foregoing events; and/or
- Where you have provided your consent to us sharing or transferring your personal data (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional services or functionality).
4. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS. HOW TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at Support@getstuff.com. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly in accordance with applicable law or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm or verify your identity and for security purposes, before processing and/or honoring your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than initial requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law.
Should you ever decide to delete your account, you may do so by emailing Support@getstuff.com.
5. USE BY CHILDREN
We do not offer our products or services for use by children and, therefore, we do not knowingly collect personal data from, and/or about children under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), do not provide any personal data to us without involvement of a parent or a guardian. In the event that we become aware that you provide personal data in violation of applicable privacy laws, we reserve the right to delete it. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at Support@getstuff.com.
6. INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS
We enable you to interact with third party websites, mobile software applications and products or services that are not owned or controlled by us (each a “Third Party Service”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Third Party Services. Please be aware that Third Party Services can collect Personal Data from you. Accordingly, we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Third Party Service.
7. LOG FILES
We use log files. The information inside the log files includes user events (App version, operating system, user ID, and additional data) and any other information your browser may send to us. We use such information to analyze trends, administer the Website and App, track users’ movement around the Website, and gather demographic information.
8. ANALYTIC TOOLS
- Firebase Analytics. We also use “Google Analytics for Firebase”. By enabling this tool, we enable the collection of data about App Users, including via identifiers for mobile devices (including Android Advertising ID and Advertising Identifier for iOS), cookies, and similar technologies. We use the information we get from Google Analytics for Firebase to maintain and improve our App(s). We do not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information unless we have robust notice of, and your prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger. Finally, please note that Google Analytics for Firebase’s terms (available at https://firebase.google.com/terms/) shall also apply.
- Facebook Custom Audience, Facebook Lookalike Audience, UXCam, Intercom, GA, and Sentry.
We reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools.
9. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS APPLICABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY LAW
- Our California Do Not Track Notice: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents: If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or personal information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or personal information and you specify which content or personal information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you may not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or personal information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
10. How to contact us
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us by email Support@getstuff.com.